There are no more boring green veggie sides with this versatile and super tasty all the green beans dish. It makes a delicious salad or side, which can be served hot or cold. The beans are simply combined with a sour and tangy dressing which will add a bit of freshness to any meal.
I always have green beans stocked in my fridge and freezer. There are so many to choose from and are a brilliant veg to add to all sorts of lunches and dinners. All the green beans is a simple way to add a little extra flavour and excitement to them. The dressing adds a lovely tang and freshness to the beans and tastes amazing hot or cold
This recipe uses a selection of green beans, broad beans and peas all of which are incredibly versatile veggies and pretty inexpensive. But you could literally use any green veg you have in your fridge and freezer.
This dish also goes well with everything, like grilled fish, meat or meat alternatives, and can be served either hot or cold so is perfect all year round. I find that it pairs particularly well if you have used stronger flavours on the protein element of your meal such as harissa, chilli or curry.
All the greens is a delicious salad which I served on a bed of watercress, but again use any leafy greens you like. If your enjoying it hot simply serve straight from the pan!
What you will need for all the green beans:
- Green beans
- rich source of vitamins and minerals
- Incredibly verstaile and inexpensive
- They contain just about every essential vitamin and mineral, along with a significant amount of fiber
- Naturally sweet and packed with viatmin A
- Broad Beans
- You can’t beat fresh broad beans
- However if you are out of season thankfully many supermakets have them in the freezer aisle
- Adds a clean peppery taste
- Compliments so many dishes
- Use fresh or frozen
And for the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- I like to use a good quality Greek or Italian olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- A cupboard staple
- Adds acidity to the dressing
- Lemon juice
- For an extra sour and fresh kick
- Dijon Mustard
- Another cupboard staple
- Another tangy and sharp flavour
All the greens is a no-carb count salad or side that is perfect for jazzing up so many meals so you can eat as much or as little as you like!
If you want to make it even more filling you could add some cooked lentils or tinned beans in water