A quick and easy veggie sausage traybake recipe, perfect for a midweek family dinner.
We are big fans of Harissa in this house and this veggie sausage traybake doesn’t disappoint. Packing a nutritious punch alongside lots of delicious spices and roast vegetables, it’s sure to become a favourite in your home too.
Full of sticky, spicy wonderfulness, this traybake is a really easy option for a mid-week meal with only 5 ingredients and cooked in 30 minutes. The veggie sausages are cooked alongside sweet roasted onions, tomatoes and peppers.
I chose vegan sausages that were recommended to be pan-fried which I did prior to adding them to the harissa vegetables. However, some veggie sausages can simply be cooked on top of the vegetables in the oven. Just read the recommended cooking advice on the package and either cook separately and add at the end or after step 3 in the instructions below.
You could of course use meat sausages for this recipe as well if you would prefer.
What you will need for the harissa veggie sausage traybake
- You can’t have sausages without onions.
- Here they are slowly roasted to bring out all their natural sweetness.
- Adding a supercharge of vitamin C to this dish
- use any colour you have, I chose red and yellow
- I prefer vine-ripened tomatoes as I think you get the best flavours
- A brilliant source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits as well as vitamin C and K
- Rose Harissa pesto
- I use the pesto by Belazu. Even though its a little more expensive it’s worth it for the flavours
- If you can’t get the pesto then use harissa paste and adjust the quantity to how spicy you like it.
- Veggie sausages
- There is a huge choice of veggie or vegan sausages so use whatever you have or are your favourites
- For this dish, I used the Heck vegan meatless chipolatas as I love their herby flavours.
A carb count free dinner, well almost. You may choose to count a little for the pesto however we decided the net carb amount was so small per portion that we chose not to.