This all in one salmon curry in a hurry with chickpeas, lentils and spinach has a subtle mild curry flavour and is perfect for a simple midweek meal.
This mild salmon curry is so quick and easy to bring together but if you can a little extra cooking time to really gets the flavours bursting.
If you and your family are anything like mine then whenever I serve salmon I need to ensure that there are plenty of other flavours and textures to accompany it. This traybake fits these demands perfectly and the basic ingredients just seem to work so well together.
It is also a pretty versatile dish. The chickpea and lentil base of this dish makes a great veggie curry and if you are not in the mood for fish then swap it for some chicken or lamb instead.
However, the key ingredient here is the lemon. It just seems to give an added depth to the dish and adds that extra sourness that works perfectly against the spices. So my advice is don’t forget to add the lemon juice!
The mild salmon curry is delicious with some extra vegetables on the side. We often have broccoli and green beans alongside a few Indian spiced roast potatoes or rice.
To make the Indian potatoes which you can enjoy with this traybake, simply toss a packet of baby potatoes in some rapeseed oil, a couple of teaspoons of curry powder and black mustard seeds. Cook at 200c for around 45minutes.
What you will need for the mild salmon curry in a hurry:
- You can’t have a curry without onions.
- Here they are slowly roasted to bring out all their natural sweetness.
- A rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Pair brilliantly with the curry paste
- Green lentils
- Highly nutritois and packed with B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
- Another brilliant source of fibre
- Curry paste
- I always use pataks curry paste.
- Choose any flavour paste, we often opt for thier mild curry paste so the children don’t complain its too spicy!
- Frozen Spinach
- This is an absoloute freezer staple
- Verstaile and you get so much more for your money
- Full of iron and nutritional wonderfulness
- Salmon fillets
- Always buy responsibly sourced salmon if you can
- Full of omega-3 fatty acids and an all ound brilliant source of protein
A carb count free dinner, well almost. You may choose to count a little for the curry paste however we decided the net carb amount was so small per portion that we chose not to.