A genuinely super easy, all in one, paprika fish and bean stew that is quick to put together using lots of freezer and cupboard staples.
I have always loved the combination of beans and fish and what better way to enjoy them with a slightly Spanish feel than this paprika fish and bean stew.
This all in one traybake really couldn’t be easier to put together; all it requires is opening a few packets and tins and you have a delicious and nutritious mid-week meal.
I use a lot of ingredients from the freezer for this dish but you don’t have to. If you have the fresh equivalents then simply chop it up and use that instead. It’s all down to what you have and prefer to use.
What you will need for the paprika fish and bean traybake :
From the Freezer
- I always ahve a packet of chopped garlic in the freezer as I can’t always be bothered to crush or chop a fresh clove
- You can’t go wrong with a pre chopped frozen onion in a dish like this
- Again just saves time and efffort
- Sliced Peppers
- An absoloute freezer staple as can be used in so many dishes and traybakes
- Adds a lovely sweetness to the tomato based sauce and a good hit of viatmin C
- I always keep a slection of frozen herbs in the freezer
- Parlsey just pairs really well with teh paprika and is great with fish
From the cupboard
- Tinned tomatoes
- I prefer the tinned cherry tomatoes as just seem naturally sweeter but just use whatever you have
- A brilliant source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits as well as vitamin C and K
- White Beans
- A store cupboard staple as they are a great source of protein, fiber, are low GI and low in saturated fat
- Also brilliant for cheaply bulking out any dish
- I used cannelini beans
- Olive oil
- One of my favourites
- Rich in healthy monounsaturated fats
- Paprika – Sweet, smoked and original
- Paprika is just peppers in its powdered form
- the combination gives a greater peppery depth to this dish
- Really versatile spice that works so well with Paprika
From the Fridge
- White Fish Fillets
- Any white fish works well in this dish
- You could even use frozen, but just increase the cooking time acording to the packets instructions
A no-carb count main meal that is perfectly filling on its own with a serving of veggies.
If you want to add some complex carbohydrates for a more filling option then try some wholegrain couscous, brown rice or potato.